Friday, July 24, 2009

Update

I figure 5 or so days is long enough of a "hiatus" before I should make another post, LOL.

Winnie has been doing much better- all the swelling has gone down. Now her bottom eyelids are lighter in color, probably as a result of the bleeding. Hopefully it'll turn back to a normal color soon.

White-eyed Winnie, Friday morning

In other news, my 2x2 weave poles arrived on Wednesday! Yay! I dropped off 6 of them at my friend's house and kept the other 6 here so that I could work on them with Winnie.

Last night I started Day 1 of 2x2 weave training. I don't think I'll move on to Day 2 just yet- I want to build more drive for the poles. However, so far I'm extremely pleased with her progress because I achieved one goal- to get her to accept the tug toy, instead of a treat, as her reward.


I've been trying to increase her tug drive for the past couple of weeks so that I can rely more on toys than treats. Last night I managed to mark and reward her successfully via tugging without her ignoring the toy and staring at me for a treat- yay! I don't have any videos soon but I'll probably take some later and upload them on Youtube.

TGIF!

2 comments:

betty said...

glad Winnie is doing better! I enjoyed looking at your slide show of Winnie; such cute pictures there! good luck with the agility training; that's a good idea about rewarding with toys rather than treats; I need to remember that here, LOL, with Koda

enjoy the weekend

betty

The Beasts- Royal, Brock & Alki said...

oh no! just read the last post- poor you and poor mom!!! sooo glad no one was hurt and that youre back to normal again!! OUCHIES!!!

wooooohoo! I loooove agility! the 2x2s are especially fun!

butt wiggles,
Brock