Friday, June 5, 2009

TGIF

Friday takes on a whole new meaning when you're working and you don't actually have to study for anything over the weekend!

Winnie has settled in nicely, although I do miss home, my parents, and homecooked food- moreso than when I was in the dorms this past 9 months. I think it's the fact that I'm actually on my own now- I have to prepare my own food and I have a full-time job. Yikes. Growing up isn't all that fun ;)

I was pleasantly surprised to see that my apt/townhouse complex is very dog-friendly. We have a nice, large grassy area right behind the apts where many of us fellow dog owners let our pups off leash to run and play. You certainly don't get that kind of room in Los Angeles!

I haven't been able to get any pics of the "mini dog park" yet but I'll tr to post some up soon.

So far we have met 2 [rather rambunctious] Labs, a Weimaraner, 2 Yorkshire Terriers, and a Sheltie. I actually know the Sheltie's mom personally- she's a friend of mine currently in her last year of vet school here at Cornell.

Meet Hansel. He and Winnie are like twins! Except Hansel's...a Sheltie. LOL. And yes, Winnie came out looking really silly in this picture!

They play wonderfully together. You'll see more of Hansel in the future, as I'll be dogsitting him often while his mom is on clinic duty :)

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

betty said...

so glad Winnie (and you) have a chance to socialize with others at your apartment complex! I liked the picture of her with the Sheltie, I bet they have fun together!

growing up is difficult, isn't it, and being out on your own? and you are so young and so far away from home too, but seems like you are doing just fine with it! although I know you do miss your family

betty